Last Updated: November 27, 2020
We understand the value you place on your privacy, and we are committed to giving that privacy the careful attention that it deserves. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how we collect, use, and disclose the personal information via the services that we offer on this website, including any sub-domains, mobile versions and related mobile applications (collectively, our “Services”). If you live in California, you may have additional rights that are specific to you and are described in the Notice to California Residents. This Privacy Notice applies to you whether you access our Services in your individual capacity or in the capacity of agent for another person.
We collect and process information in order to provide our Services to you, and in order to improve these Services for your benefit and for the benefit of our other users. We collect information in three primary ways:
- In using our Services, you may provide information to us directly. Examples of this information are your user id and password or other similar authentication information, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, professional licensing numbers, homeowners association accounts details, balance, and account standing, and other personal information relating to the services that we are performing.
- In connection with some of the document products offered by sellers via our Services, we may receive information about you from third party sources, such as from your homeowners association or the management company that has been engaged by your homeowners association, which we use to provide increased value to the users of our Services – this information is only used in connection with a transaction in which you are involved. This information is generally of the same type that you would otherwise provide to us directly, as discussed in the first bullet, above.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide the services that you seek or otherwise request that we provide, to respond to your requests for information, and to improve the quality of our digital content and services.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell your personal information.
- We may utilize third party service providers to perform certain functions relating to our Services, such as credit card processors, disaster recovery data center providers, and other similar support services. These parties operate as providers of services to us, and only process your information on our behalf and based on our express instructions. They do not receive independent rights to process, utilize, or exploit your information.
- We may disclose your personal information to protect your safety or the safety of others, such as to investigate fraud or to comply with applicable laws.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information is likely to be transferred to the acquirer of these assets. Your information will remain subject to this Privacy Notice in connection with any business transfer of this kind.
Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts may be used by us and our affiliates. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering our Services, tracking users’ movements around our Services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for our Services to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of our Services will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Functional cookies: These cookies enable our Services to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, such as remembering choices you make on our Services. They may be set by us or by third party service providers who perform certain functions relating to our Services. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain Usage Data automatically and store it in log files (see Information Collection). We do not link this automatically collected data to other information that could identify you.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have implemented information security standards designed to protect your data by putting in place physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and these safeguards are reviewed and improvements are implemented as needed.
Authorized employees and representatives are permitted to access and use data about you for approved business purposes. All employees and representatives must complete all required training to ensure they understand and follow established policies and laws when using your data.
Your information may be accessible by third party service providers who perform certain functions relating to our Services, including payment processing, for purpose of enabling them to perform those functions. Your information may also be accessible by third party vendors that provide products for browsing or purchase on our Services. All third party service providers and vendors have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the information, except where disclosure is required by law; however, we cannot guarantee such information will be kept confidential by the third party, nor can we guarantee such third party accessibility or use of the information will be in compliance with applicable laws.
We will retain information we process on your behalf for as long as needed to provide you services or to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, including fulfilling the purchase(s) you make through our Services. Further, we will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which your personal information was collected. We may retain personal information for longer periods if such personal information will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes.
Our Services may include links to other Internet sites or platforms that are not operated or controlled by us. If you submit personal information to any of those Internet sites or platforms, your information is governed by their privacy notices and policies – which may be different from this Privacy Notice. We cannot control and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Internet sites or platforms. Any personal information you provide to Internet sites or platforms not operated or controlled by us is not covered by this Privacy Notice.
Notification of Changes to this Privacy Notice
If we decide to change this Privacy Notice, we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice. We may additionally post these changes in other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to change or update this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make any material changes, we may notify you by email or by means of a notice on our Services prior to such changes becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We are firmly committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed, you may always contact us at the below address.
Community Archives, Inc.
Richardson, TX – 75083
This Privacy Notice applies to the use, collection, and disclosure of personal information relating to residents of the state of California that are subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Under the CCPA, Personal Information is, among other things, information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with, a particular California resident. It does not apply to information subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”).
The specific Personal Information relating to a California resident covered by the CCPA will vary based on the particular relationship that we may have with such resident. For more information about how we collect, disclose, and secure information relating to these customers, please refer to our general Privacy Notice.
In connection with our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, we maintain physical, technical, electronic, procedural, and organizational safeguards and security measures that are designed to protect personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or access, whether it is processed by us or elsewhere.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
In the past 12 months we have collected for our business purposes the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as name, e-mail address, or other similar identifiers;
- Personal information categories such as address, telephone number, professional licensing numbers, or employment;
- Classifications such as race, sex, or marital status;
- Commercial information, such as purchase or order history; and
- Employment-related information, such as current or past work history.
The categories of sources from whom we collected this personal information are:
- Directly from a California resident or such resident’s representatives;
- Consumer data providers;
- Public records;
- Our Services; and
- Information from third parties directed by the subject individual (e.g., the applicable homeowners association or its designated management company).
The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such personal information are:
- Our affiliates and service providers who perform certain functions relating to our Services, such as website hosting, information technology and related infrastructure, auditing, and payment processing;
- Third parties who provide services such as communication infrastructure, storage, legal expertise, and tax expertise; and
- Governmental agencies as may be required by applicable laws and regulations.
Use of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have used personal information to operate, manage, and maintain our business, to provide our products and services, including the following:
- Performing services, including enabling users of our Services to allow for the purchasing or offering for purchase and download certain real estate documents (and instruments or disclosure related thereto), facilitate searches on our Services for such products that can be purchased, facilitate subscription, if applicable, to our Services, maintaining or servicing client accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying user information, or providing similar services;
- Detecting security incidents, and protecting against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity;
- Short-term, transient, transactional use;
- Auditing related to transactions;
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service controlled by us; and
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations.
Sale of Personal Information
In the past 12 months, we have not “sold” personal information subject to and as provided under the CCPA, including personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Rights under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 month period preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you, the categories of personal information that was disclosed, and the purpose for disclosing such personal information about you; and
- the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
- Request that we delete personal information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception; and
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond if we are able to verify your identity. Requests for specific pieces of personal information will require additional information to verify your identity.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another California resident. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the personal information that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide specific identification numbers, account passwords, security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft, fraud, or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days. If we require time (up to an additional 45 days) in order to process your request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
Ways to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
California residents can request details about personal information collected and shared by contacting us at:
Community Archives, Inc.
PO Box 831757
Richardson, TX – 75083